Recylcling and Refuse Collection

The City of Bradbury would encourage you to watch this video to learn about what happens to the green waste Burrtec Picks up from your home

The following is a list of items that should be included in your recycling barrel:

  • Aerosol cans (must be completely empty)
  • Aluminum cans (please do not crush)
  • Brochures
  • Cardboard
  • Cardboard soda/beverage carrier board
  • Cereal boxes (remove wax paper lining)
  • Computer paper
  • Coupons
  • Glass bottles/jars
  • Glass cosmetic bottles
  • Junk mail
  • Laundry bottles
  • Ledger paper
  • Magazines
  • Newspaper
  • Paper
  • Paper tubes
  • Phone books
  • Pizza boxes
  • Plastic bottles #1 - #7
  • Tin cans
  • Tissue boxes
  • Used envelopes
  • Wrapping paper

This list is always growing so watch for updates in the future and feel free to call Burrtec's Customer Service Department with any questions (626) 932-1558.

Refuse Collection Services

Residential trash/recycling collection is provided through a contract with Burrtec Waste Services. Refuse collection is automated and provided once a week.  On collection day, please place your containers in the street, at the curb, or near the corner of your driveway. Barrels should have the handles toward your home. The barrels need to be placed at least 2 feet away from any obstruction such as a fence, mailbox, or vehicle. All barrels must be curbside by 6:00 a.m. on your service day.

Bulky Item Collection

Bradbury residents can request up to two curbside collections of large or bulky items during a 12-month period. Limit of five items per collection. This program is FREE and designed for the resident's convenience. Please call Burrtec's Customer Service Department, (626) 932-1558, one week prior to your scheduled collection day to arrange pickup.

Green Waste

All material must be placed in your container. Plastic or paper bags are not acceptable. Tree trimmings and branches may also be placed at curbside in tied bundles no larger than 4 feet in length and 2 feet in diameter and less than 65 pounds. Please call (626) 932-1558, Burrtec's Customer Service Department for more information


Law Bans Sharps From Landfills

Here’s a reminder for individuals who use Sharps to manage chronic medical conditions – it is illegal to dispose of syringes in the regular trash bin. As of September 1, 2008, it is illegal to dispose of sharps in your trash, recycling, or yard waste containers.  “Sharps” are hypodermic needles, pen needles, intravenous needles, lancets, and other devices that are used to penetrate the skin for the delivery of medications.  This new regulation has been passed in order to keep leftover material in sharps from contaminating the groundwater, rivers and the ocean.  It is also an important measure to protect sanitation and landfill workers from being injured from the needles. Sharps must be collected and transported in approved containers.  For seniors and disabled residents of Los Angeles County, a free mail-back program has been developed.  Those who qualify may call the Los Angeles County Hotline at 1 888 CLEAN LA to receive information and a free container that will be mailed directly to your home.  This container is approved specifically for disposal of sharps and may be mailed back to the county or delivered to any of the free Household Hazardous Round-up that take place in communities throughout the county all year. Other methods of disposal are available to the residents of Bradbury.  Many manufacturers of the medications have their own return program.  Please check the labeling to see if this would apply to your sharps.  Also, many pharmacies and hospitals or doctor’s offices provide a return program for your used sharps.  Finally, there are many private mail-back companies that will charge a fee to provide approved sharps containers and a method of collection.  More information of Sharps disposal can be found on the California Integrated Waste Management Board website at