Emergency Supply Kit
- Non-perishable food (canned, no cook, packaged) and a manual can opener.
- Water (one gallon per person or pet per day).
- First-Aid kit (including first-aid manual).
- Medications (prescription and non-prescription) and eye glasses.
- Battery powered flashlight, radio, and batteries.
- Personal Hygiene items; toilet paper, paper towels, and large trash bags for trash.
- Copies of important documents.
- Items for pets (food, water, cages/leashes).
- Items for infants (formula, diapers, etc).
- Tools (including duct tape, neon-colored tape or rope to block off dangerous areas).
- Have smaller sized kits for your car and workplace.
- Cash in small denominations ($1, $5, $10) (ATMS and credit cards do not work if the power is out).
- Fire extinguisher (A-B-C) type.
- Protective eye goggles, gloves, face mask, and hard hat.
- Change of clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Names address and phone numbers of doctors and pharmacists.
- Camp stove or charcoal grill for outdoor cooking.
Don't forget that the front of the White Pages of your telephone directory contains a handy First Aid and Survival Guide (Section B).